A report aired by Israel's right-wing Channel 14 , widely seen as closely aligned with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, has sparked outrage after appearing to reveal details of a possible Israeli-American plan to seize enriched uranium from Iran through a military operation.
The report triggered calls for an emergency session of the Knesset’s Foreign Affairs and Defence Committee amid accusations that sensitive operational and intelligence information had been recklessly leaked to the media.
The details were reportedly broadcast without approval from Israel’s military censor, which later allegedly ordered the material removed from online platforms. Channel 14 journalist Shimon Riklin claimed on Monday evening that a commando raid could potentially be carried out near the Iranian city of Isfahan , where enriched uranium was allegedly being stored underground but at depths shallow enough to make extraction possible.
The comments appeared to contradict previous Israeli and US claims that Iran’s enriched uranium stockpiles were buried deep beneath heavily fortified facilities.
The report intensified scrutiny over an increasingly aggressive Israeli rhetoric surrounding Iran’s nuclear programme and the possibility of unilateral military action.
Opposition lawmakers demanded an urgent parliamentary investigation into the leak, warning that the disclosure could inflame regional tensions and undermine security coordination with Washington.
Former Israeli army chief of staff Gadi Eisenkot condemned the report as “reckless trafficking in national security”, saying he suspected the information had come from a “senior government official”.
“This is a report that must be fully investigated,” Eisenkot wrote on X. “Anyone who trades in this kind of information has abandoned responsibility and sound judgment and is unfit to lead.”
Riklin dismissed the criticism, insisting that “nothing secret” had been revealed by the channel.
Knesset members Ram Ben Barak and Elazar Stern of the opposition Yesh Atid party also called for an emergency meeting of the committee or its intelligence subcommittee, arguing that the report may have exposed classified information capable of damaging military operations and Israel’s strategic standing.
In their request, the lawmakers warned that “a leak of this kind could cause significant harm to Israel, the United States, and relations between the two countries”.
The controversy comes days after Netanyahu openly hinted at the possibility of physically seizing Iranian nuclear material through either a diplomatic arrangement or covert military action.
In an interview with CBS News last week, Netanyahu suggested that Iranian uranium could be removed directly.
“You go in and take it out,” he said.
When asked whether he meant Israeli or American special forces, Netanyahu declined to elaborate but added that US President Donald Trump had told him: “I want to go in there.”
Netanyahu described the removal of Iranian nuclear material as “a feasible operation”, saying that even under a potential agreement with Tehran, “it is possible to enter and obtain the uranium”.
The remarks have fuelled concerns that Israel may be preparing the ground politically and militarily for direct operations inside Iran, risking a wider regional escalation at a time of already heightened tensions across the Middle East.